Sunday 25 November 2018

A Minor Landmark Moment!

It's been a long time coming, but the Vixen is finally back on 4 wheels (nearly) After shortening the rear suspension pivot bars and fitting all of the wishbones and lovely new shock absorbers + springs, It was time to refit the wheels!


The front wheels have rather a lot of positive camber, but I suspect that's partially down to the chassis still being suspended on the dolly I knocked up for it (none of the wheels are actually touching the floor yet!!) and partially down to the lack of an engine's weight.

Next job is to refurbish the differential, prop shaft and gearbox and refit them. Plenty still to do mechanically, thankfully the drive shafts are already done and the engine is 80% done too!

The differential is MG front
Bolted onto TVR's own rear casting



In the meanwhile I have treated myself (yes again!) to a lovely set of 3 'eared' spinners which should arrive tomorrow...I will have to clean and give the wheels a fresh coat of  silver paint to do them justice I think...


Onwards and upwards....someday in the not to distant future I'm going to reach the point where there are NO more crates of rusty stuff to bring back to life/junk and replace....someday...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am amazed by the effort in restoring your Vixen chassis. My sincere congratulations for the difficulty of the project.
    I am restoring a Tuscan V6, and I have seen new springs and shock absorbers in the photos. I could not find any indications, so I would be very grateful if you would tell me the specifications, make and part number of both the front and rear suspensions you used for your Vixen.
    The V6 weighs a little more up front, but adjustment might be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind regards
    Gianluigi
    ademy@fastwebnet.it

    ReplyDelete