Tuesday 26 July 2016

So its been a LOOONG while since my last post....but recently I have got a new job, which has spurred me into action given that I needed to move about half of the Vixen out of my work cupboard!!!

I finally finished re-welding all the little chassis tubes (all internally sleeved), re welded the suspension brackets fabricating new brackets where necessary...


Under my boss's recommendation, I then loaded the chassis into the school maintenance van and took it to the amazing H & S powder coating ltd in Latchingdon, where it was blasted and then primed with high zinc primer.

Before...

And after....WOW!!!

You can clearly see the highly skilled brazing joins...seems like a shame to cover them up!!

High zinc primed



















I cant wait to see it in its new powder coated finish on Friday when I pick it up!!! and in the meanwhile I have also been building a new garage to house the TVR. The old one had some serious stress cracks and a bad damp problem....not conducive to keeping a classic car alive.....so it had to go.

Here is the new build, starting with a layer of concrete blocks laid on edge and then the whole floor coated with 3 coats of Wickes liquid damp proof course.....
Framed with reclaimed 2 x 4's

Back wall boarded with OSB wrapped both sides in vapour membrane and clad with feather edge

All walls done

Roof trusses in position

Double glazed windows fitted

Roof sheeted with 18mm OSB and felted
Next stop - floor screed, lino floor, wiring for power and lights, insulation, internal ply lining and refitting the door.....lots still to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment